Saturday, October 29, 2011

Buggin' Out

Virginia has a lot of the same bugs as the Midwest. You know, your bees, your mosquitoes, your spiders- the usual suspects. I can live with those bugs. I mean, I'll admit I still slightly freak out like a little child when a hornet gets close to me- but then again, who likes something with a needle for a butt an inch from their face?

One bug I've never seen in the Midwest that I know are in abundance down here is the cockroach. I'm not saying they don't exist in the Midwest- but I looked into it, and evidently the southeastern states of the USA have a much bigger infestation of cockroaches. COOL. I haven't been around those buggers since I lived in Peru- and let me tell you- I have zero interest in moving on my tip toes to avoid the skittering creatures all over the street EVER. AGAIN.

So far, the only one we've seen in our apartment was a dead one in the pantry when we moved in. I will Lysol our place day and night to try to avoid them, trust me. I'm told however, they can practically survive nuclear attacks, so a using a lemon scented cleaner against them is like using a Vikings player 10 year old boy to block Clay Matthews. So if a live one happens to weasel in to our place, I will let you know immediately - or at least immediately after I let Michael go at it with a baseball bat.

We have seen some other creepy looking kind of bug on our walls:
Aaaand a nice close up:
I don't know what it is, and I sure as heck don't want to. Normally I'd be all "oh let's just catch it in some tupperware and put it back outside so it can live a long happy life with its bug friends!", but with these guys, they are wayyyy too gross to let near my tupperware. Thus, I let this happen:
Big strong man vs Bug
So that's what's up with us this weekend in Richmond. Bug killin'. Be jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Well that is just fantastic. At least you can make digs at Vikings players through this post?!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment absolutely makes my day! Thanks for taking the time to share some love, stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...